Old Fort - Member of Lake Babine Nation
Old Fort is located approximately 30 kilometers northwest of Granisle is accessible only by boat. This is a seasonal community. Most families return to the community for fishing, hunting and gathering berries; During this time the elders and the youth work together.
In 1822, it was known as Fort Kilmaurs which was named after the home county of the Scottish Fur Trader William Brown who was in charge of establishing the post.
The Old Fort Economic Development Office has been in operation since February 2014 and is located on the second floor of the Burns Lake Native Development Corporation - use the side door entrance.
The Old Fort Staff are: Dorothy Patrick
Old Fort Economic Development Officer
Telephone: 250 692-3320
Mailing address: Old Fort Economic Development Office
Granisle BC V0J 1W0