Old Fort is located approximately 13 kilometres northwest of Granisle and is accessible only by boat. This is a seasonal community. Most families return to the community for fishing, hunting and gathering of berries; During this time the elders and the youth work together.
In 1822, it was known as Fort Kilmaurs which was named after the home county of the Scottish Fur Trader William Brown who was in charge of establishing the post.
More information coming soon!