March 24, 2020 – Lake Babine Nation Precautionary Measures
**The following are precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus from entering the Nation. This is not a lock down. **
Please be aware, LAKE BABINE NATION has an Emergency Operations team, working from Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The work hours / work days may be amended pending situation.
- Security: effective Friday, March 27, 2020, 7:00 a.m. (potentially sooner)
- Check Points will be arranged for the communities at the following locations:
- Two Security Monitor at Centre Street,
- Two Security Monitor Babine Road,
- Two Security Monitor patrolling through out community;
- Two Security Monitor near Eagle’s Landing Gas Bar;
- Two Security Monitor near the Ft. Babine Bridge.
- LBN Members ONLY onto any Lake Babine Nation territory (Woyenne, Tachet, Ft. Babine); essential services will be permitted, such as Garbage disposal, Food delivery, Ambulance, RCMP, Fire.
- Gatherings in personal home of maximum of ten (10) people; ideally stay home
- Patient Travel will only complete HOSPITAL TO HOSPITAL EMERGENCY TRANSFERS (other than pre-arranged travel)
- Wash Hands for twenty (20) seconds
- Social Distancing of 6 feet
- Self-Isolation for fourteen (14) days if returning from highly affected areas (Vancouver, B.C., etc.)
- If feeling any of the symptoms: cough, fever, difficulty breathing, call 8-1-1
- Precautionary: do not share beverages, food, etc. – BE VIGILANT ON NOT SHARING.