The Lake Babine Nation (LBN), Province of British Columbia, and the Government of Canada signed a reconciliation agreement called the Foundation Agreement in September 2020. The Foundation Agreement outlines a shared 20-year vision that establishes a step-by-step pathway to self-government, shared decision-making, and the implementation of Lake Babine Nation Aboriginal title. For LBN to be successful, we need this to be done by Lake Babine, for Lake Babine. The participation of all our families living at home and in urban places is crucial.
Learn more about the Agreement
Contact Information and Hours of Operation
Located in the Natural Resource Building:
824 Centre Street – Box 879
Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0
Regular hours of operation are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)
COVID-19 Changes: If anyone needs to talk to any of our staff that they can call and arrange for a virtual meeting or a telephone call, the Natural Resource staff will not be taking walk in clientele as the front door is locked at all times.
The Foundation Pathway Negotiation staff are here to provide on-going updates and communication between Lake Babine Nation and the Province of British Columbia and Canada in its development of a Foundation Agreement. Those providing that service and positions are as follows:
- Betty Patrick – Foundation Agreement Implementation Director Email
- Roxane Alec – Foundation Negotiation Implementation Project Assistant Email
- Dorothy Patrick – Foundation Negotiation Community Engagement Coordinator Email
- Deanna Nolan – Lake Babine Nation Skills Training Program Coordinator Email
- Jessica Brown -Lake Babine Nation Skills Training Student Support Worker Email
- Alan Hanna, Principle Researcher and Interim Governance Researchers: Darcy Dennis , Marvin Williams, Barbara Adam-Williams
- Blake Julian– Foundation Agreement Program Liaison Officer Email
- Rita West– Foundation Agreement Program Liaison Officer Email
- Whitney Laffin– Foundation Agreement Program Liaison Officer Email
For more information, please contact any of our team members.