To apply for Aboriginal Bursaries online:
Post Secondary Education Coordinator
To email Brenda, click here
The Lake Babine Nation Post Secondary Program is administered by the Lake Babine Nation. The Education Coordinator Post Secondary Brenda Michell-Joseph is available to answer any questions you may have regarding the Policy, application deadline dates.
Telephone Number: 250-692-4740
Toll free number: 1-888-692-3214
- Please see The Post Secondary Policy
- Please see LBN Post Secondary Application Form
- Please see LBN Post Secondary Request for Extension
- Please See LBN Tutorial Invoice Form
- Please see LBN Post Secondary Spring & Summer Request
- Please See Post-Secondary Employment and Training
Important dates to remember:
All applications for funding must be complete and submitted by May 15th annually. Applicants will be notified in writing on the status of their application in early July.
Lakes District First Nation Post-Secondary Institute Development
Lake Babine Nation, along with the other five First Nations in the Lakes District, have been working towards establishing a First Nations Post-Secondary Institute. We are at the developmental stage of this initiative at this time. Further, this initiative is currently under the umbrella of the Burns Lake Native Development Corporation (BLNDC). Key initiatives will potentially include:
- Essential Skills Centre
- Purpose: to prepare students for entry into a Licensed Practical Nursing program and further education/training in other career areas.
- The Prince George Nechako Employment and Training Association (PGNEATA) will be assisting our fledging institute with the Lake District Essential Skills Centre being a pilot of their centre that is currently up and running in Prince George.
- Licensed Practical Nursing Program
- There is currently a move to begin phasing out Community Health Representative in First Nations communities.
Monty Palmantier, Education Director, and Brenda Michell-Joseph, Education Coordinator, are representatives at this table.