The membership office is located UPSTAIRS of the Woyenne Administration building – 225 Sus Ave Burns Lake BC. Services are available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
To PROTECT your personal and CONFIDENTIAL information, please DO NOT use Lake Babine Nation’s Facebook Messengers or attempt to contact Membership’s personal account to book. This goes against both Lake Babine Nation and Indigenous Services Canada’s Ethical Behavior/ Social Media policies. Third Party requests are not accepted. Lake Babine Nation members Ages 16+ must contact membership themselves, Ages 15 & Under or Dependent Adults, Parent/Legal Guardian must contact membership with required documents.
LBN Members are encouraged to share this information with Elders or those who do not have social media or access to the internet.
- July 5 2023: Call out for LBN members in SMITHERS, PRINCE GEORGE, & VANCOUVER that require Membership Services. Minimum of 20 applicants required to plan a visit.
- June 19 2023: New Back Up IRA – Kaylie McLean, can assist with all services – Birth Registrations, SCIS applications, & Life Events. Available via membership email or contact form below.
- Lake Babine Nation is NOT a Canadian Passport processing office, please refer to a Service Canada Passport issuing office for this service. Lake Babine Nation only offers the service of Passport Style photos being printed for Secured Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) and Birth Registration applications.
- Need to apply for the new SCIS, complete a Birth Registration application, Record a life event, or would like to amend existing information? Leave a message in the message for below with where you reside (Smithers, Prince George, Vancouver), if there are enough members requiring membership services in said area, membership may book a date and location.
- Digital Application Services for SCIS coming soon!
- for already registered individuals applying for SCIS cards for the time being.
- processing will be less wait time!
- Want to authorize or withdraw consent to an individual or company other than yourself? A new form is now available for LBN members to submit to membership. Please ensure you submit authorization and withdrawal when required.
- Authorization / Withdrawal Form: click here to view/download the AUTHORITY TO RELEASE PERSONAL INFORMATION FORM
LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR MEMBERSHIP TO CONTACT YOU:
AVAILABLE FORMS FOR VIEW/DOWNLOAD, ALSO AVAILABLE ON INDIGENOUS SERVICES CANADA WEBSITE: Click here to visit the Indigenous Services Canada Website
- Minor Registration Package 2022
MINOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Adult Registration Package 2022
ADULT REGISTRATION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- SCIS Status Card Application & Guarantor Declaration 2022
SCIS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
SCIS Photo App information
Indigenous Services Canada is proud to announce the launch of a new photo app designed to simplify the application process for a Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS). The photo app lets applicants take a photo with a smartphone and submit it online as part of their SCIS application.
Available as a free download from Google Play and App Store, the new app will allow applicants to capture their own, eliminating the cost of a photographer and making the application process more accessible and convenient to First Nations people and communities across the country.
The SCIS Photo App will allow the department to receive photos transmitted straight from smartphones into a secure database exclusively for SCIS applications. The photos can then be easily matched to the completed application form. All information provided through the app is encrypted, and collection and use of personal information is in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Contact the Gatineau Office during Service hours:
Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm Eastern time.
via phone +1 (800) 567-9604
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (most effective)
BAND TRANSFERS MUST BE REQUESTED THROUGH MEMBERSHIP CLERK(S) ONLY. THERE ARE SPECIFIC FORMS AND PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW. REQUESTS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN MEMBERSHIP CLERKS ARE INVALID. TO PROPERLY GO THROUGH BAND TRANSFERS, PLEASE CONTACT MEMBERSHIP WITH YOUR REQUEST. MESIY
Links for above image:
- Visit website https://ecos.vs.gov.bc.ca/ to order your Birth Certificate. Membership requires government issued photo ID and sometimes secondary identification for ALL Indian Registry services.
- Contact First Nations Health Authority 1(855)550-5454
- Estate services for First Nations (sac-isc.gc.ca);
- Administering an Indian Act Estate: General Information for Administrators (sac-isc.gc.ca);
Members can call the Appointment line: (236) 330-9961 for the Vancouver Regional Office for SCIS status cards, Birth Registrations, or other Life Events (without having to send your original required documents).